I personally find a powder-based product better than a liquid-based product for everyday used because it is lighter on your skin.
The Studio Fix Powder:
- Gives you a matte finish.
- It isn't heavy or oily.
- Provides sufficient coverage.
- It covers light, medium, and dark skin tones.
- It doesn't cause break outs unlike other products by Mac which used to do this.
- It is pricey, retailing at R330 but is worth every penny.
This product is an excellent investment if you are struggling to find a product that is the right shade for you and will last long. I suggest that you get a shade matched to your skin tone by the Mac sales rep at your nearest Mac store before purchasing. In terms of application, the powder comes with a sponge however, this gives a 'cakey' finish, rather use a make-up brush when applying this product.
I hope you give this product a try as it is worth the extra R100 especially since it gives you the required coverage and the fact that it is a high end brand is an added bonus.