11 May 2015

Maybelline 'Dream Pure BB Cream'` Review

I'm not sure about other people but I personally love BB creams! I think that they are so convenient because they provide just enough coverage if you are in a hurry without being so heavy on your face.


If you are not familiar with BB creams then this is just a quick summary of what they are:
A BB cream, also known as a Beauty Balms or Blemish Balms, is a famous Asian beauty product that has become well known to the Western market during 2011. It is a multi-functional cream that provides coverage as well as containing spf in it. It provides just enough coverage to give your skin a natural flawless look without making it too obvious that you are wearing make-up.

If you have been following my blog from the time I first started blogging then you would know that I loved the Garnier BB cream. I decided to try a new product to see how other brands are and I instantly fell in love with the Maybelline BB cream after the first attempt. I felt that it was more suitable for my skin compared to the Garnier BB cream because I had really dark blemish spots which this bb cream covered up more than the Garnier BB cream. This does not mean that I don't think the Garnier bb cream is good, it is just that everyone has different skin types and some products work better on some than others. This is just my personal view.

Anyways, this is the what the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream is all about..
It comes in a cute 30 ml bottle comes in 3 different shades. On the front side of the bottle it states that it is an 8-in-1 BB Cream.
The 8 factors are as follows:

  • Conceals imperfections
  • Helps protect against the appearance of blemishes
  • Oil-free, non-greasy
  • Minimises the appearance of pores
  • Clarifies the skin's look
  • Conceals redness
  • Hydrates and smoothes
  • Complements skin tone
I personally feel that it does provide what is mentioned above. However, you cannot expect a tinted cream to give you full coverage. If you have problem areas then it is best to touch up these areas with extra bb cream or with a concealor. The main purpose of bb creams is to give your skin a natural glow whilst proving an even skin tone.

With winter around the corner, this product is perfect to apply to ensure your skin is getting enough moisture and coverage. It is quick to use and is perfect for those lazy mornings that we all experience now and again. 

This product retails for about R99.00 at your nearest Clicks and Dischem stores. Maybelline continues to impress me by providing excellent products and I hope you guys enjoy this product as much as I do.
xx

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love BB creams! So convenient and the coverage is good enough for me. This one sounds great!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed by this product! It gives a really good coverage and is pretty affordable compared to other brands. I hope it works just as well for you as it does for me. :)

      Delete