2 May 2015

Tips on an evening face care routine

Hi guys,
So I decided to make a post on my evening routine that I have been doing for the past two months because I have been breaking out quite often and so I thought I should have a regular routine to help prevent any more breakouts. I have been following this routine religiously and I have really noticed a big difference.



I start off by wiping my face with my facial wipes however I don't do it all the time but if I am wearing make-up then I definitely do this step because I like to get as much make-up off my face first before I cleanse. You can use whatever facial wipes you have. I personally enjoy using the Johnson and Johnson facial wipes which can be purchased from Dischem, Clicks, or any retailer store. I started using the Garnier facial wipes the past three days and so far I am really enjoying it. I will let you guys know how I feel once the pack is finished.

My next step is to cleanse my face. The purpose of cleansing is to clean your skin and have it ready to absorb all of the essential oils you are about to use. I do this by using a cleansing oil. After a long day I really enjoy massaging my face with a soothing oil to help relax me. The cleansing oil will also remove any left over make-up that may still be on your face. If you prefer an organic option then you can use extra-virgin olive oil, but make sure it is certified organic. If you prefer a shop bought cleansing oil, then try Lipidol, Bioderma, The Body Shop. I like to alternate between cleansing oils and cleansing gels. Whenever I use make-up I prefer doing a double wash with my Himalaya's neem face cleanser. I find that a double wash ensures that all make-up gets removed, especially stubborn water-proof make-up.

The next step is to treat my face. I do this my using a face mask. Face masks help to nourish your face. It helps to clean out toxins from your skin. I use a mask twice a week. I either use a tumeric mask (which I made a post about a while back) or a honey mask. I apply the honey on my face and leave it for 5 - 10 minutes, then I rinse it off. Done! If you are going to use honey as well, then make sure it is organic. I have read a lot of blogs that encourage the use of clay masks, especially those that contains bentonite clay. Some nights I  like to change things up a bit and I use my Vitamin E mask by The Body Shop.

Step four is toning. Make sure your toner does not contain a lot of alcohol. I enjoy using the Aloe toner by the Body Shop. An organic option is, apple cider vinegar. If you do use this, then wipe your face with water straight after because apple cider vinegar is strong.

The fourth step is to nourish my face. It is important to use a serum before your moisturiser. Serums help to heal and nourish your skin. Look for a serum that has a lot of vitamin a or e in it. The Body Shop has a lot of excellent serums available at affordable prices.

The final step is to hydrate your skin. You can use Argan oil, olive oil, or coconut oil. I like to alternate between oil-based moisturisers and the Nivea night cream.

I would love to know what your evening routine is like, feel free to leave a comment below.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment