13 Jul 2015

Makeup Brushes Review

I recently received three gorgeous makeup brushes from Pout Makeup and so I decided to do a quick review on them.


I have been ordering products from Pout Makeup over the past two years and have always been pleased with the quality of her stuff. I was overjoyed when she sent me the brushes and have been using them every day since I received them. These brushes are not branded, but they definitely do the job. She sells brush eggs, beauty blenders, and makeup brushes (individually and in a set). You can view her online account, here.

Now on to the brushes...


The first brush is a bamboo kabuki brush.

This brush has soft light bristles which are perfect for applying your favourite powder, bronzer, or mineralized finishing powder. If you feel that you have applied too much of makeup, then this nifty tool will blend everything in giving your face a flawless and airbrushed finish. The prefer using this brush for my finishing powder because it doesn't pick up too much of the product and, therefore, doesn't give my face a cakey look. The bamboo handle helps with providing a good grip to the brush especially since it is so small.

The second brush is an angled kabuki brush.

If you don't like spending a lot of money on makeup but still want an even finish, then this is the brush for you. This brush has a long handle so that you don't have a heavy hand when applying makeup. The synthetic bristles ensure that you don't pick up too much of the product and the angle finish allows for precise application. I personally like using this brush as a blush brush, but you can also use it for contouring. If you already have a blush or contour brush then you can use this brush to blend in your makeup even more, to ensure that there are no harsh lines on your face.

The third brush is an airbrush concealer brush.

The soft bristles on this brush are ideal for using around the eye area to cover up dark circles if you don't like using your ring finger. I use it to blend in my concealer because it is small enough for precise application on problem areas. The kabuki-like shape of the bristles also helps with blending in my concealer.

I really enjoy using these kabuki brushes because they provide an even finish to my makeup. I will definitely be keeping them side by side with my Real Techniques Stippling brush from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment