30 Aug 2015

MAKEUP HAUL



I am pretty sure every makeup lover/beauty blogger has spent a lot of money this past week. Edgars, Dischem and Clicks have released amazing products at affordable prices.
It was every beauty lover's dream week! I managed to pick up a few products without making a large hole in my bank account. 
So if you would like to know what was released this past week then keep on reading!

First off, Edgars/Red Square had a 33% off promotion on a number of makeup brands. I recently finished my old mascara's so I decided to take advantage of this special and get my hands on a new one. I really wanted to buy the Maybelline Lash sensational mascara after watching Luzanne from PinkPeonies, YouTube video, but sadly I couldn't find it anywhere. 


However, I was lucky enough to spot the Loreal counter because they had the Miss Manga Mascara as one of the makeup products part of the promotion. I didn't even hesitate in grabbing this mascara. I have heard such great things about this mascara from bloggers such as Chicara (Lipglosskisses) and Kaushal (KaushalBeauty). They didn't have the Miss Manga Punky mascara, but this was good enough. 

This mascara is meant add "mega volume" to your top and bottom lashes. The original price of this product is R144.95. 

The next product I purchased was the Essence, I Heart Stage eyeshadow base


This product is amazing and is my holy grail eyeshadow primer. I have already done a review on this product which you can view, here. This budget buy retails for R47.95. 

My next stop was Stuttafords. They were having a clearance sale on all their Kardashian Beauty products. Most of their products were being sold at R50 which is  insane! Their eyelashes originally retailed for R151.95, and their Gleam Club 'Eye Metal Stick' originally retailed for R150.00. Both these products were marked down to R50.00. I purchased their Eye Metal Stick in the shade, Emboss.


This a true gold shade which will work beautifully in the inner corners of your eye. It is said to be a, "long -lasting, crease-proof formula." It has a small tip which makes for easy application, especially if you have small eyes.

My last stop was Dischem. As many of you might know, Dischem never fails in adding a dent to your purse. LA Girl had released their limited edition range as well as a 3 for 2 promotion. I was tempted to purchase every single product but since it is a drugstore brand I wanted to wait for my fellow bloggers to post some reviews before I splurged. However, I couldn't leave without purchasing their new Beauty Brick Blush set in the shade Glam
There are four different Beauty Blush Bricks which are designed to complement the various complexions people have. The Beauty Brick Blush retails for R99.00 in some stores and R70.00 in others. It's just a matter of luck I guess. I also picked up an LA Girl Pro Concealer in the shade Pure Beige to use as a liquid highlight. This retails for R30.00.  
I am really excited to give these products a try and will definitely be doing a full review on them. I can happily say that it was a successful shopping weekend!.




7 comments:

  1. The Miss Manga is my all time favourite mascara, gives lots of length!
    Pieces in Pink | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog http://www.piecesinpink.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up picking this mascara over the Essence Princess one. I hope it lives up to the hype surrounding it!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Let us know what you think of the blushes. My Dischem was out of stock but managed to pick up the concealer in pure beige and toast and the neons palette (nice bright colors for Indian Fashion). Enjoy your spoils 😊

    www.thingsilovesa.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! I hope you love the concealers as much as I do. They blend it so effortlessly! I really wanted to purchase their neon palette or the nudes palette but they were sold out at the Dischem near me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. So lekker finding SA bloggers!! Great blog hun Xo

    Nihaad - the little blog of STUFF

    ReplyDelete