31 Aug 2015

MANICURE MONDAY: ESSENCE NAIL POLISH IN FREE HUGS



Today's choice was actually inspired by a fellow blogger, Lizna Erkelens (Pieces in Pink) blog post. She recently purchased a gorgeous pink Essie nail polish, so keep an eye out for that post!

If there is one thing that I love more than unicorns, it is candyfloss. Growing up I always nagged my parents to buy me candyfloss and up till now I still cry for a packet if I see it somewhere. I remember two years back walking around Pavillion with 3 bags of candyfloss with the biggest smile on my face like I was still 3 years old. 

When I first tried Free Hugs by Essence, the first thing that came to mind was candyfloss, along with all the happy memories of my childhood..and teens since it took me a while to stop buying it. 

Free Hugs which is the shade 106, is a light pink with enough vibrance to not fall into the pastel range but not too much to fall within the neon category. It is the ultimate Barbie/90's Spice Girl shade of pink. The ultimate true pink nail polish shade. This colour is actually a shade lighter in the bottle than it is on my nails. Even though it is super affordable (as with all Essence products) it does require 3-4 coats to get rid of the streaky lines made by the brush. This is because the nail polish is really light and, therefore a number of layers are required. It has a milky texture to it which also means that there will be a lot of streaky lines to it. However, after a few layers it is quite opaque. 


Free Hugs is actually quite similar to Essie's Lovie Dovie. So if you are on a budget this is your lucky day! This beauty retails for R24.95 at your nearest Dischem/Clicks store.

I hope everyone has a lovely week!
xx

8 comments:

  1. Ive been looking for this shade of pink! I must buy this looks soo pretty on you.

    Xo
    With Love Banke | A Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Banke! It is really pretty, I'm sure it will suit you!

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful shade! The name is adorable :)
    You have a great blog, you really need more followers. x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexandra, that was really sweet of you!

      Delete
  3. Hey. Nice color
    Hugs!
    savana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete