3 Aug 2015

Manicure Monday: Essie 'Power Clutch' ft. IZ Hammon Africa

I am finally back into the phase of painting my nails on a weekly basis so I decided to start a weekly Manicure Monday blog post.


My first post features Essie nail polish in the shade ‘Power Clutch’ which is number 763, as well the IZ Hammon Africa's 'Ink It' pen in silver.




I personally felt that this nail polish shade required two coats for it to be really opaque. The consistency of this nail polish is amazing (which it should be since you pay quite a bit for it). As mentioned above, two coats were required and this gave a beautiful charcoal-like colour with a green undertone to it. I felt that it is much darker on your nails than it is on the bottle.


I decided to experiment a bit more with my IZ Hammon Africa Ink It pen which is used to do some nail decorations. As mentioned in my previous post which you can read up on, here, the pen is really user-friendly and I definitely recommend you purchase it if you are into nail designs. It provides a thin line which is ideal for intricate designs.

Final verdict:
I really enjoy using Power clutch. I think it is a really edgy colour if you want to try something a bit different for a change. It is shiny, opaque, and excellent quality.

You can purchase Essie nail polish for about R119 – R123 at Dis-Chem, Clicks, and Foschini stores.
xx

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Janneke! you should definitely try IZ Hammon Africa,
      xx

      Delete
  2. love the way you did your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sashnee :) If you want a step-by-step guide on how to get this look then send me an email and I will do so,
      xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy weekend to you too :)

      Delete