25 Sep 2015

FRIDAY FAVOURITE: LA GIRL BEAUTY BRICK REVIEW



If there is one product I have been dying to own, it is a contour kit. Although it requires you to use layers of makeup I still wanted to own one just to add some definition to my face when I do a full face of makeup for special occasions. When I heard LA Girl released a beauty brick I just had to have it. It was a Budget Bloggers dreams being answered!


LA Girl released four Beauty Brick Blush sets (Glam, Glow, Spice and Pinky).
The packaging of this product is similar to their Beauty Brick eyeshadow palettes. It comes in a glossy cardboard, with a transparent strip on the lid so you can see the colours of the product. It is a relatively big box which is a bonus because it means you are getting more product! The reverse side of the box also contained a quick "application/usage" section to help those who are beginners at contouring and highlighting.


Each one contained two blush shades, a bronzer, and a highlighter. Each set was designed to compliment the different complexions people have. The bronzer is matte and is perfect of doing a subtle contour and to add some warmth to the perimeters of your face. The highlight has a slight shimmer to it and works wonders under your eyes, on your cheekbones, on your cupid's bow, chin, and forehead. There is a choice of two matte blushes which add that rosy pop of colour to your cheeks.


The products are really pigmented and last for quite a long time considering that it is a drugstore brand.  It is important to dust your brush before you apply the product to your face because it picks up a lot of product, so make sure you are light-handed. The beauty brick that I purchased was Glam, which is the second darkest palette out of the four. I would have purchased more, but this was the only one left.


The first blush in the palette is a sort of fuchsia shade. The second blush is much lighter, corally shade. What I love about the two shades provided in the palette, is that it really compliments my complexion colour. You can create a two-dimensional look with these shades, as shown in the "how-to" diagram provided in the promo picture. The bronzer is a natural brown shade, and the highlighter a beautiful champagne colour. The makeup technique referred to as contouring usually requires you to use a shade that is roughly 3 shades darker than your complexion. It is applied in the areas mentioned above to add some definition to your face. Personally I prefer using a bronzer to contour because it is more subtle and adds that sunkissed look to your face. This is why I love this particular product as a contour kit. 

The LA Girl Beauty Brick Blush lasted the entire day which is really amazing considering that it was only R99.95.
If you would like to purchase this product or any of the other 3 beauty bricks, then head down to your nearest Dischem store. It retails for R99.95. If you would like to see the other palettes then click, here.

So if you are a lover of highlighting and contouring but don't want to spend R500-R800 for the high-end brands, then definitely give LA Girls' Beauty Brick Blush a try, it is perfect for beginners and really helps in setting any liquid contouring and highlighting which can be  done using the LA Girl HD Pro Conceal products (R30.00).


Both these products can be purchased from your nearest Dischem Pharmacy.
xx

12 comments:

  1. The blush and contour palette looks amazing. I would love to try it. Nice review dear.

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You most definitely do! I'd love to know what your views are on it, xx

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of having a palette that includes both blushers and contour colors! Looks like a really great product thanks for the review!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it so convenient for travel purposes! Thanks for reading it, xx

      Delete
  3. It looks really nice and I keep picking it up in Dischem but then find myself deciding against it all the time. Good to know it is a decent product!
    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much better than their previous Blush/Contour Duo. It is really convenient for travelling purposes to ensure light packing. Thanks for stopping by, xx

      Delete
  4. I've just read another review of this and it sounds fantastic! The colours look lovely, and oh, where can one go wrong with contour, highlighter and blush all in one palette?!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thanks for stopping by May, xx

      Delete
  5. Amazing post dear! I love it:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm terrified of contouring! I'm afraid I'll make myself look like a skeleton!

    Heba xx ││The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same so I started experimenting with a bronzer because it doesn't give such harsh lines. I am terrible at contouring but if I can do it then I'm sure you can too! xx

      Delete