16 Sep 2015

REVIEW: KARDASHIAN BEAUTY 'GLEAM CLUB EYE METAL STICK'



Kardashian Beauty has not been as successful in South Africa. I was really surprised when Stuttafords had a clearance about a month ago, and mentioned that they won't be selling any Kardashian Beauty products from now on.
Nevertheless, I was able to get my hands on a few products. One of my favourite products is their, Gleam Club Eye Metal Stick' and I made sure that I stocked up on it before it left our stores. 
The Kardashian described their product beautifully online,
"Star light, star bright, prettiest star we’ve seen tonight. Feeling festive? Reach into the sky and put stars in your eyes. Gleaming, ornamental metallic colors designed to create a soft, brilliant glow. Join the Gleam Club- our advanced, long -lasting, crease-proof formula will have you singing a new tune about the whole metal genre"

The Gleam Club range was part of the Kardashian Beauty Fall 2013 range and consisted of three metallic eye sticks, 

                                                                        (From top to bottom) 
                                                                        1. Emboss (gold)
                                                                        2. Reflect (silver)
                                                                        3. Smolder (pink glow)




I was lucky enough to purchase the shade Emboss, a beautiful shimmery gold metallic shade.


The Formula:
The formula is very creamy which helps with application. It is an aqua-based shadow liner and contains a lot of moisturising ingredients. This helps to ensure that the product doesn't smudge. Furthermore, the Collagen boosting and elastic promoting ingredients help reduce fine lines. It is also important to note that these Metallic Eye Sticks are free from parabens and silicone. It is also pigmented which is an added bonus.

Application:
The formula is creamy and, therefore, glides onto your eyelid effortlessly. You can use this product as an eyeliner or as an eyeshadow.  I personally love using it in the inner corners of my eyes when I am doing a bronzey eye makeup look. 

Verdict:
I really love the formula and application of this product, the packaging is really girly and classy just like the Kardashian sisters. I love that it is an eye stick because it is a little different compared to the usual powder-based formulas. I purchased this product for R50.00 from Stuttafords in Pavillion. 

I really hope that Kardashian Beauty products return to South Africa because they did have some products which I enjoyed using. The Kardashian's have started their own hair care range which have a cute pink design to them. If you would like to find out more about these products then visit their various social media pages. 
Facebook, here,
Twitter, here.
Website, here.

I hope everyone is having a lovely week,
xx



18 comments:

  1. Oooe this is so pretty!! Definitely checking it out

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks nice. Thanks for the review♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried anything from the brand but I'm so interested in doing so! This product looks lovely :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice color! The shadow looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don't mind me asking how much were these eye sticks? I'm looking to buy myself one but can't even fathom the thought at spending £28 on a By Terry one!
    Lovely post!

    www.iridescentplaces.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's around £11.49 off Amazon. Thanks for stopping by!
      xx

      Delete
  6. They were having a 75% off sale in Stuttafords in Feb also and I stocked up on so many products (including this one!) and I actually really liked their brand overall!


    MAKE IT RAYNE
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only managed to get their waterproof mascara, metallic eye stick and falsies. I hope they return to SA. Glad you managed to get some discounted makeup! xx

      Delete
  7. So sad when a good brand with good products have bad a bad marketing team. They had one in-store press event and no one could ever get clear info on the products. Such a pity.

    XoXo One Stiletto At A Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's definitely a girly and classy packaging which is so gorgeous! I've never heard of this but will have a look out for it!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even know they had a beauty range!

    Heba xx || The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor did I until I saw them in stores. There are some gems amongst their items, especially their eye products. Thanks for stopping by, xx

      Delete
  10. I really need a shadow stick and this looks awesome! Great review friend!

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes for easy application. You can just draw it in rather than having to dirty a brush. Thanks for stopping by Janneke, xx

      Delete