9 Sep 2015

REVIEW: TOPSHOP SHEER LIP IN RED ALERT



There is just something so sophisticated and elegant about a lady who wears red lipstick, so naturally when I go into a store to try out a new brand, I tend to go for a red lipstick.

This is exactly what happened when I popped into Topshop to experiment a bit more with their makeup. They had quite a large selection of lipstick, ranging from browns to pinks to a more daring plum. As mentioned above, I tend to lean more towards reds and so I ended up purchasing Red Alert.

I have been trying out this lipstick by Topshop over the past week. I was quite surprised by this product when I first tried it out because it was completely different from what I had expected and from what was portrayed on the box.


Initially, I thought that it would be a bright vibrant red, somewhere along the lines of Mac's Ruby Woo. However, it applies quite a glossy red colour with very little pigmentation, which does make sense since the box said, 'Sheer lips' on it. It was like a lipgloss in a lipstick formula.
The best way to describe it is by the description on their site which states that it is, "An ultra-moisturising, balmy finish lipstick with sheer to medium coverage and glossy finish." The first application gives off a lip stain finish, but this is a buildable product so, in order to get a bright red finish, you need to use about 2 to 3 applications. Once this is done, the red is really bright as pictured on the box.



The actual tube was also much smaller and narrower than I had initially expected. However, I still think that it is a really cute lipstick and the perfect size for your jeans pocket or a small clutch bag. The print on the actual lipstick is quite unique. It is a matte black tube with glossy black stars on it. A really sleek design.


If you are looking for a lipstick that you can use every day that is not too bold and pigmented then this is a good option to consider, It is perfect for those days when you want a tint to your lips without having to commit to a bold lipstick. It is really versatile because it can be used as a glossy topcoat over lipstick or lip pencil, or worn alone for an easy balm finish.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
xx

4 comments:

  1. These really remind me of the KIKO Ultra Glossy Stylos, they're so perfect for every day! I need to check some Topshop ones out :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the Kiko Ultra Glossy Stylos before, but if it is anything like the Topshop sheer lips, then I think I am already a fan! They really are a perfect everyday product. Thanks for stopping by!
      xx

      Delete