20 Oct 2015

MAC MIDIMAUVE LIPSTICK REVIEW



The past two weeks have been really confusing for me. My weather app says one thing but then the sky says another. Despite Durban's indecisive weather conditions, one thing that I know that will remain constant is my new everyday lipstick colour.

Midimauve by Mac Cosmetics is my new go-to lipstick shade because it is the ultimate MLBB (My lips but better) shade!

The term MLBB has been thrown around so often but I have never felt that any colour really did this for me. Unfortunately, I started playing with my mother's lipsticks from a very young age and so I ended up having really dark lips. This meant that normal nudey shades that looked like MLBB shades for most people but didn't end up being the same for me. 

At the beginning of this year, I went on an overseas trip and I wasn't sure what the weather was going to be like. I decided to pop into my nearest Mac Cosmetics store to purchase a nude lipstick so that I could play it safe. I initially had the intention of purchasing Velvet Teddy but as usual this colour was way too light for me. The consultant decided to play around with some other options and we eventually ended up with Midimauve. I was a bit hesitant to purchase this colour because I had been placed on the matte lips train and refused to come off. I decided to be a bit adventurous and try a lustre lipstick and I must say, it was the best decision I have ever made. 

Once I returned home Midimauve ended up at the bottom of my makeup bag because I was able to match colours to the different weather conditions. This was until two weeks ago. 

Well, that's all for the history lecture, now onto the actual product and the reason why you're probably reading this blog post...


Colour:
Mac describes Midimauve as a, "rosy mauve with pearl." I feel that this is a perfect way to describe this colour. It is a lustre finish which makes your lips look natural with a glossy finish. It's one of those colours I can put on without needing a mirror and I know it will look good. The perfect on-the-go shade. 

Application and finish:
It requires two layers in order to get an opaque finish and to ensure any dark patches or pigmentation is covered. It has a medium coverage which is buildable. This shade does not bleed or accentuate any fine lines on my lips. It has a sheer and glossy finish to it.

I think this colour is a perfect MLBB shade for those with a medium but can give off a washed look if your have a deeper skin tone so it is best to swatch it in the store before purchase. 

Wearability:
Since it is a lustre finish, you will need to reapply it throughout the day because it doesn't have a very good staying power. However, it does not feel drying on my lips nor does it dry in patches so reapplication isn't a problem for me. 

Price:
Mac lipsticks now retail for R210,00. It can be purchased on their online store, here, or at your nearest Mac Cosmetics stores. 

Verdict:
If you are looking for an everyday lipstick colour that works well on dry lips then this is definitely a shade worth considering. After some research, I was able to find a potential dupe for those who are more of a budget friendly shopper. Have a look at Revlon's lipstick in the shade, Smokey Rose. 


8 comments:

  1. I have a "more issues than vogue" t-shirt - my favourite thing ever! Ha Ha.

    Ashleigh
    | www.quintessentiallyme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to own one but I can't seem to find out in SA :(

      Delete
  2. Looks like a beautiful shade, definitely checking it out next time I'm at the MAC counter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth looking at! Thank you so much for popping by my blog, it really means a lot to me, xx

      Delete
  3. That shade is such a gorgeous nude! I'm always so scared to try nudes because I'm worried they will blend to well with my skin X_X ... But I should check this out! Time for some holiday splurging ;) ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just the same when it comes to nudes but I must admit that I think this and Taupe are just gorgeous on everyone! I am an NC 44 and I use an NC 45 concealer both by Mac, if you are around those shades then don't stress because Midimauve is your colour!

      Delete
  4. Thats a great lipstick shade! I love the colour of it. I have a poster that says more issues than vogue. Love it!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read. Maybe we can follow each other on Bloglovin?
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding out about new blogs! I will definitely give yours a read, xx

      Delete