12 Oct 2015

MANICURE MONDAY: ESSENCE #LUCK FT. IZ HAMMON AFRICA



Can you believe that we are in October already?! Since it is the month of breast cancer awareness I decided to pick a bright and bold pink shade for this week's #ManiMonday. 


The lucky pink that made the cut is none other than, #Lucky by Essence Cosmetics. To add an extra bling to the look, I decided to use the Essence 'My Fortune Cookie' and some IZ Hammon Africa gold nail decals. I spoke about the IZ Hammon brand in a previous post which you can read about, here.




Application and Formula:
This is a gorgeous fuschia/ hot pink shade. It is definitely not for those who don't like bold shades. It is quite jelly in its consistency. I applied 2 coats and I think that is best in order to get an opaque finish. It is part of Essences' Gel nail polish range so it has a glossy shine to it. 


Wearability:
I was able to get about 5 days wearability out of this colour but I did use my hands more than usual especially when typing. I tend to chip the sides of my nails whenever I use my laptop for a long period of time. 




Verdict:
If you want to be bold and stand out for the month of October then this is the colour for you. Personally, I am not a fan of bright pinks or light colours in general but considering that is is awareness month I think it is time to paint the town pink!


Essence cosmetics is available at Clicks and Dischem for R24.95
For more information regarding breast cancer awareness you can visit this site, here
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment