12 Dec 2015

REVIEW: BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET LIPSTICK



If you love having matte lips then the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick might be to your liking. 

Bourjois describes these lip products as, 
"Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matte, velvety and incredibly light colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet.
Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips."

I personally feel that these lipsticks are incredibly lightweight for a matte liquid lipsticks when you apply it. It glides on easily with its' wand applicator and has a creamy texture to it for easy application. However, I am not a fan of the smell of the liquid lipstick. I can't quite figure out what the smell is, but it is sort of like burning plastic. The smell doesn't stay for very long which is a good thing, only during application. I do find that it is quite long lasting but I suggest a good quality primer or lip balm before you use these products because it can be a bit drying if you don't, but not so extreme that it clings to flakey lips. Luckily the product is quite pigmented if you want to go for a more subtle look. If you want a bold look then fear not because this product is buildable. 

There are nine shades in the Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Collection. I tried two shades, 


04 Peach Club 
I don't think its name describes the shade of this colour at all. It is a vibrant orange colour which is perfect of Summer. I guess you could say its a peachy coral but yeah, more orange, 


10 Don't Pink Of It
This is my favourite between the two. A gorgeous pinky nude, that is my go-to Spring colour. It is nude with a pink undertone so you won't look drained when you wear it. 

The problem with such pigmented products is that if you pick the wrong colour, it can look really bad. I am an NC 44, so I didn't feel that Peach Club complimented me. The Boujois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks come in a cute rectangular tube that's perfect for your handbag or clutch. It is a bit messy if you take out too much of product with the wand applicator. The packaging is a clear so you can see the true colour through th epackaging to ensure that you pick the right colour. 

This liquid lipstick retails for R139.95 at your nearest Clicks Pharmacy store. This price may seem expensive to some but keep in mind that other liquid lipsticks such as the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick retail for R260.00. If you want to try out a liquid lipstick that is more on the affordable side then have a look at your nearest Boujois stand. Swatch the colours before you purchase it, to ensure it is the right colour for your complexion. 

Durban has definietly not been shy with its blistering heat. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick has managed to stay on my lips whilst the rest of my makeup melts off my face... If you have tried any of the Bourjois products then leave a comment below, I would love to know which product I should purchase next.
xx

13 comments:

  1. So cute!

    http://modernastrega.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burning plastic?! No way; such a shame though because I'm super iffy about smells in products. These shades look lovely, though I'm not too sure I'll have the guts to get them because I'm terribly with matching colours to my skin tone!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a gorgeous complexion, any shade will suit you!

      Delete
  3. very pretty items and nice review! thanks for sharing!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I’m hosting great glasses giveaway here check it out!

    P.P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Lyosha, thanks so much. I would love to see your blog and follow you too, xx

      Delete
  4. So cute, all the lovely colours I must get my hands some of these products :)

    Please leave a comment at http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bourjois lippoes look stunning!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. If a product has a horrible smell I just return it. I can't imagine wearing something so close to my nose all day and having to put up with it!

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only during application but even a few seconds can be a complete put off, xx

      Delete