25 Jan 2016

MANICURE MONDAY: ALASKA BY AVON


Today's Manicure Monday features Alaska by Avon. This beauty is from their Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel Collection. 
Alaska is a gorgeous cloudy grey colour with a hint of blue. Avon claims that this beauty contains the following seven benefits in one bottle: 

1 - shine
2 - Gel-like Finish
3 - Vivid Color
4 - Base Coat
5 - Top Coat
6 - Protection
7 - Strengthener
This sounded very promising so I had to give it a try...

Application and Formula:
This was quite a creamy consistency and I applied 2 coats to get an opaque finish. I found that it did apply evenly and the brush handle was user-friendly. 


I decided to be  bit creative and paired it with a few designs using my  IZ Hammon Africa  Decor It Pen. 

Wearability: 
I was quite impressed at how long this colour lasted considering it is a bit light and I usually have to touch up my white nail polish quite often. I got a good week out of this application which is really impressive. 


Verdict:
I will definitely use this product again because it gives off a really beautiful gel-like finish without the need of a UV lamp and harsh chemicals. The added bonus is that I don't need to spend more money to get them soaked off at a nail bar because normal nail polish remover will do the job. 

Alaska retails for R99.90 from your nearest Avon rep. They are currently having a promo which you can view, here

I hope everyone has a lovely week ahead, 
xx

13 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful color!! I've never tried Avon nail polish before but it looks so lovely! I will have to check it out!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite long lasting and they have a lovely variety of colours, xx

      Delete
  2. Suits you really well, you should try the Silly Hansen Mega Shine. Its a shiny topcoat that extends the wear of your Polish with a gel like look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use the Sally Hansen Mega Shine and i finished the bottle in 2 months because it was so a,amazing. I definitely need to repurchase it, thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  3. Suits you really well, you should try the Silly Hansen Mega Shine. Its a shiny topcoat that extends the wear of your Polish with a gel like look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color on your nails! <3
    Hesrts from www.shebebutfierce.com XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this shade and my its perfect ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous all year around! xx

      Delete
  6. That nail polish shade is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous shade! I love anything nude or neutral on my nails too!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete