4 Feb 2016

JANUARY FAVOURITES



Chapter two of twenty sixteen has arrived and to be honest, January flew by incredibly fast. I decided to do a Jan favourites instead of individual review posts because a few of the products I enjoyed using in Jan, I already blogged about. So if you would like to know what I enjoyed using then keep on reading... 
I mentioned a few posts back, I started using Orratane. This is a treatment that helps cure acne and is prescribed by a dermatologist. During the first month of my treatment, my skin broke out completely. It was painful and annoying considering that I was in Johannesburg during their heat wave week. This made my skin even more unbearable. 



VitaSure Gentle Cleanser:
As prescribed by my dermatologist, I used a face cleanser by VitaSure. This is an extremely gentle creamy based cleanser. It has not abrasive at all. It feels like you are massaging a thick cream onto your face. I must admit, it is rather soothing. I felt like this product was doing nothing for me during the first week. However, I slowly noticed how my skin was improving. The most striking improvement was around my nose area. I didn't have the excessive amount of whiteheads that I usually get. This product is similar to Cetaphil. A gentle but deep cleansing product. 

I purchased mine from my dermatologist for R150. I know this is a lot for a cleanser but you only need a small amount. A little goes a long way with this cleanser. I mentioned the Sampar velvet cleansing milk in a previous post ( you can read it here ) and I think they work well together because they are both gentle on your skin. The Sampar cleanser is creamy and a lot lighter in texture compared to the VitaSure gentle cleanser. 

Maybelline Babylips:
I did a  post about the Maybelline Babylips a while back. I have been experiencing extremely dry lips which have been constantly peeling. I have been relying on various lip balms but the one that I enjoyed the most was the Hydra one from Maybelline. It is creamy and moisturising and makes my lips moist. It doesn't provide a lip tint like some of the other Babylips products. What stood out for me was the fact that it didn't make my lips crack like some of the other balms I was using. 

Maybelline Babylips can be purchased from your nearest Dischem; Clicks; or Supermarkets for only R39.95.

Lush Popcorn Lip scrub:
This product was my lip saver! I did a post on this product before ( you can read it, here) and at the end of that post, I said that it was good but you should rather use a DIY one. I must admit that I was wrong. There was some sort of magic potion in the little scrub container. It removed all my dead flakey skin without causing any harm to my lips. I was a bit hesitant to try it because I know you are not allowed to use any exfoliating products but I just needed to give my lips good ol' scrub. I fell in love with this scrub all over again now that I used it for a severe lip problem. I guess when you're just using a scrub for the sake of it, you don't realise how effective it really can be. 

This magical scrub can be purchased from your nearest Lush store or online, here, for R95.00

LA Girl Ultra HD Pro Conceal:
LA Girl is not holding back with their products the past few months. From beauty blush bricks to velvet contouring sticks. My favourite has to be their Pro Conceals. LA Girl has a variety of different shades which allows you to pick a shade for highlighting; contouring; concealing; and now a green shade for colour correcting. It's creamy and blends like a dream. Just make sure you do a section of your face at a time because it does dry quickly. When you are in a rush all you need is this beauty in your makeup bag to do a quick spot treat in the car and you're set for whatever you need to do. Make sure to set it with a good setting powder to avoid under eye creasing. 

LA Girl products can be purchased from Dischem. Their Ultra HD Pro Conceal retails for R30.00


Benefit They're Real! Mascara:
I absolutely love this mascara! It separates my lashes, lengthens and curls it. It does all of this without giving your lashes a clumpy look. It is Benefit's cult go-to mascara but after doing some research, I found that it didn't work wonders for everyone. You either love it or you don't'. I guess it's one of those mascara's that you should try out in store before purchasing it. I personally love it as an everyday mascara because I don't need tons of volume if I am just going to University. Its' tiny bristles will allow you to get pretty close to your lash line to apply a good coat of mascara throughout your lashes. 

I purchased the mini for R145. You can purchase the full size for R295 from Redsquare online, here, or from your nearest Benefit Cosmetics counter. 

So that's my January favourites, what's yours?

14 comments:

  1. That lip balm was my favourite for a lonnnngggg time! Its super rad! Thanks for the awesome recommendation :)

    http://skatterbrainn.wix.com/skatterbrainn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which lip balm do you use now? I love how hydrating it is! xx

      Delete
  2. Cant wait to try the lush lip scrub, only ready good things about it everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps get rid of dead skin and preps your lips well for matte lip products, xx

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try any of the benefit mascaras, but they are supposed to be very fantastic.
    I think my favorite January fav has to be the carbonated bubble clay mask. If you haven't tried it, you should!

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have not. Thanks for the suggestion! xx

      Delete
  4. I really like maybelline babylips
    check out my blog aminaayub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard awesome things about this benefit mascara - I'm with you on not needed masses of volume for a normal day. Thanks for sharing, Rivania. xS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by! Test out their Roller lashes before deciding which one you fancy, xx

      Delete
  6. I love Lush face masks. I must try the lip scrub. Nice picks dear.
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com
    I was wondering if we could follow eac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of their masks but I guess its time I do. Thank you! xx

      Delete