27 Feb 2016

GUEST POST: MAKEUP TRENDS WORTH COVETING IN SPRING 2016


I am really excited to have Suzy Walsh the chief editor of, The House Of Elegance Fashion, - a budding fashion blog, featuring on my blog today. If you are looking for Style, Sophistication and Elegance, then The House Of Elegance Fashion is the blog for you! Suzy is known for her incredible style statements and makeup ideas, she is followed by readers around the globe. Suzy was kind enough to share the latest makeup trends for Spring 2016. If you want to be up to date with what's trending then keep on reading...
If you are someone who follows the trends on the runways, you probably already know the fun of checking makeup ideas. Runway makeup is often very stylish and unique, and for many women, some ideas may be outright dramatic. However, with the right kind of inspiration, you can do a lot more with your makeup. In this very special post, we will talk of the spring makeup trends for 2016, especially the ones that are easy to sport and covet!


Peachy affair: Most girls would agree that spring is the time when you can experiment with the lip colours, but many designers of spring 2016 gave us serious fashion goals for the eyelids. If you like using the eye shadow, get started with peaches and pinks, which will give plenty of volume to most looks. These are very summery colours, which are predominant in the lip colours for sure, but when you add the same touch to the eyes with a subtle lip shade, the result is phenomenal! Make sure to check designer brands like Erdem, Jill Stuart and Giamba for a few ideas.


Blue all the way: Blue is easily the most cool summer tone worth using, but this time in spring 2016, you will be seeing a lot of blue eyeliner and kohl pencils. The idea is to add more drama to the look, so that you can add style and glamour to even the daytime looks. Some of the designer shows that mostly highlighted this trend include Jonathan Saunders, Marc Jacobs, and Sonia Rykiel. This is another standout trend, so you would need to mute the rest of the makeup. Just with a nice pair of shorts and a cool pair of sneakers, you should be ready to roll. If at all needed, just add a bit of concealer for limiting the dark circles. For some summer sneakers, click here


Love for ombré: If you are looking for one lip colour for the season, and red shades are not your thing, you can choose to go for ombré shades and similar tones of the vampire family. Ideal for the workplace, as well as parties, dark lips kind of set a tone for moody affairs. Honestly, red was an equally spotted colour in spring 2016 runways, but this particular trend is much more happening and very unique. Most of the designer shows like Burberry¸ Cushnie et Ochs and Emporio Armani have gone for a complete bold lip look, with the right touch of eyeliner and kohl for the eyes, to keep things dramatic and yet muted. For a girl who loves to do beyond the basic, this is a must-try trend.
Hope you have a great time with these makeup ideas! Until we meet next time, have all the fun and stay cool and stylish!

[Images Credit: www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty; @jyo__m] 



6 comments:

  1. I loved this post so thanks for having Suzy on The Glam Unicorn! I actually started doing peach eyes when I forgot to pack eyeshadow for a weekend away and only had my peach-coloured blusher for colour, but I loved it so much I do it all the time! So I'm definitely happy to see it's in for Spring :)

    This sounds so incredible!! I'm such a sucker for After Eight and baking never turns out well, so this feels like it was made for me! :)

    Jodie
    alajode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie. Suzy really has some nifty tips and tricks hey. I love the peachy look. It also means I get to pack less products. xx

      Delete
  2. I love all of these, but I can't stand eyeshadow without mascara. That's definitely one of my pet peeves. And, yes, I know that it's very common on runways and in fashion and beauty industry, but it's just not my cup of tea. I do love the colors, though :) Great post xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same Kelly. I feel like my eyes aren't complete without mascara. Its an interesting trend but I think it will look better with layers of mascara, xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post and all the products
    aminaayub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete