23 Feb 2016

MASCARA POWER COUPLE


Everyone should know about the amazing mascara's L'Oreal and Maybelline releases. I have been a fan of their mascara's for years. I don't think I have ever felt the need to buy a highend brand because these two drugstore brands seem to be magical on their own. I now have my favourite mascara combo and I felt the urge to share it. Imagine long voluminous lashes that will charm anyone that comes your way!
 I know that bloggers and YouTube vloggers have been doing mascara combo's for many years but I just couldn't get myself to layer on so much of mascara. I felt that it would look clumpy and unrealistic. Little did I know that it depends on the mascara's that you mix and match. 

I eventually got down to trying KaushalBeauty's infamous mascara combination, that brought about my new found love for mascara mixing. The combination that I tried, which Kaushal used to use in all of her makeup tutorial's was the,
- L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara 
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara


Okay, so a bit of information regarding these mascara's...

L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara
The name Manga is a term that means Japanese comics. Essentially, L'Oreal wanted to design a mascara to resemble the long lashes seen on their anime characters. This mascara has a thin long wand which helps to coat every single lash. When you first get it out the tube it does have excess mascara at the tip which you need to rub off on your bottle.


The wand is very flexible which helps to curl your lashes as you apply it and to get close to your lash line. It can provide more length as you build up the product on your lashes. I mentioned this mascara in a haul video a while back which you can view, here

Maybelline Lash Sensational 
I have only used this product once so I can't really say a lot about it. However, I did find that it added a lot of volume to my lashes when I did use it.



It also has a curved wand which helps to get close to the lash line. It didn't flake which is always a bonus. 

I first started off by applying the Miss Manga mascara followed by the Lash Sensational and then the Miss Manga to set it into place. I could immediately see the difference in length and volume on my lashes. It did not clump and it did not flake onto my cheeks. I was really impressed with how it turned out.


Both these mascara's can be purchased at your nearest Dischem and Clicks stores for, R139.95 ( L'Oreal) and R149.95 (Maybelline).

I would love to hear your mascara combinations so leave a comment below so I can try it out too! 
xx

6 comments:

  1. Eyelashes looking GAWGIS, I love the Maybelline mascaras.
    Miss Manga is on my must try list.

    Great Post as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely apply two mascaras but woah, the combo is awesome! Your lashes look so full and luscious! How beautiful <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually my friend's lashes. I wanted to have a model for this post. I am also not one for a lot of mascara but I think this will look lovely for a wedding or a fancy occasion.

      Delete
  3. Your eyelashes look amazing! I like to use the L'Oreal and telescopic and Maybellinne the rocket together, so it seems these two brands are a good combo!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think L'Oreal and Maybelline are the best when it comes to mascara. I would love to try out your combo. I have heard great things about the telescopic mascara. Thanks for sharing! xx

      Delete