13 Mar 2016

LIFESPAN OF YOUR BEAUTY PRODUCTS

We all love hoarding makeup products, especially those that we spend an arm and a leg to purchase. Many of us don't realise that our precious beauty products have an expiry date as well. In this blog post, I will be mentioning a few products that you might have in your makeup bag, along with their expiry dates. 
The first product is your mascara. This miracle lash tool should only be kept for 3 months.

 Liquid foundations; liquid eyeliner; and concealer should only be kept for a maximum of one year.  
Powder based eyeshadow; powder blush; powder foundation; lip and eye pencils can be 
kept for up to two years.
Cream eyeshadows and lipglosses can be kept for a year to a year and a half.

Lipsticks can be kept for two years so you better use up those high end lipsticks that you hiding in your draw.

These are just a few of the basic makeup items that have expiry dates. If you have any other products that you would like to know then feel free to comment below. It is important that you don't keep your makeup for too long as they can attract harmful bacteria in the air and in your makeup drawer. These products are used on your face which is a very sensitive area. It is vital that your eye products are changed regularly because this is a very delicate area as the skin around your eyes are very thin. 

I hope these expiry dates help you in cleaning out your makeup drawer. It might also help if you're using old products and have noticed a few acne spots. I guess this is a new excuse to go out and buy more makeup!

11 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at how little time we can actually keep out makeup especially mascara it's crazy

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its quite scary considering we spend months saving up for a product and then you have to chuck it after a month or two.

      Delete
  2. Hey, add your looks to our fashion community http://www.thefashionstyles.com/activity/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those lipsticks!! They looks so pretty! Love this post!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a post on the very topic recently, saying that I think it's ridiculous... I would be throwing a LOT of makeup if I stuck to these rules.. I don't wear makeup every day, so I don't use up half of my mascara in 3 months... I think you have to see for yourself if it started to smell bad, if the formula is changed and that way you see that it's expired... Throwing out perfectly good products just doesn't make sense to me, just because someone said it's expired... I'm not saying I'm right, and you're not :D It's just my opinion, and I stick to it :D If you'd like to see that post, the link is here:

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com/2016/01/skincare-ingredients-expiration-dates.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly, I completely understand where you are coming from. I made this post just so people are aware of how long you are meant to keep makeup for. Personally, I like to keep my mascara's and lipsticks for longer because I don't see why I need to throw it if it isn't finished. If it isn't causing any irritation to your skin and is still in good working condition then why not. Thanks for the honest feedback, I would love to read your post. I will let you know my thoughts over the weekend, xx

      Delete
  5. The only one I stick to is the mascara rule, and that's usually because it dries up after three months. Though I do think it's especially helpful, I don't know whether I'll throw it away until it REALLY bad, you know? Haha, great post! <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bash, I think we are on the same path when it comes to disposing makeup. I can't seem to throw them away after taking a trip down memory lane and realising how long it took me to save up to buy the actual product. We are always told to live life to the fullest, so why can't we do that with our makeup too right?

      Delete
  6. I pretty much don't follow any of these rules, except for the mascara. Shame on me. I mean mascara should be the product that gets thrown out more than any other makeup, but in general I just throw things away when they just don't work as well as they should or if I haven't used it in a long time.

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete