14 Apr 2016

REVIEW: EYLURE LENGTHENING No.118 STARTER KIT


I have always been fascinated with false lashes. They can add so much of volume and length to the most sparse lashes. However, not everyone is as talented as Huda Kattan or Nikkietutorials in applying falsies. This is where the Eylure starter kit comes in and saves the day. If you love falsies but can't seem to get them on, then keep on reading!

I always wondered if  they pull out your lashes or do they blend in with your natural lashes?

I decided to try out false lashes to find out once and for all if they are any good. The lashes that I decided to try were the Eyelure No.118 Lengthening starter kit. This kit is the ultimate beginners starter kit because it comes with a pair of number 118 lashes; two tubes of lashfix glue; a lash applicator; and a tester lash. According to Eyelure, "the No. 118 lashes were designed to enhance the natural beauty of your eyes."

On the reverse side of the box, there is a nifty step-by-step so you know exactly what to do and how to do it. Basically, you take your lash applicator and clip on your tester lash. You then measure your lash band and trim off any excess lashes.  You then add some glue to the lash band; wait for about 20 to 30 seconds and then apply it as close to your natural lash band as possible. 


The star of the show is the lash applicator. It really helps get the centre of your lash right up against your natural lashes to ensure that it blends with your natural lashes. You then place the inner and outer band in place using your fingers or tweezer. Personally, I find using a tweezer works best. To ensure that you blend your falsies and natural lashes together, all you have to do is add a quick application of mascara. 

I really noticed a difference with the false lashes. My lashes had a lot more volume and length. This is perfect for those who have sparse eyelashes and want to add a bit of volume to their lashes. I used it for a couple of hours and they did not trouble my eyes in any way. The false lashes did not trouble my eyes in any way.  

At the end of the day, I just peeled off the false lashes. It didn't pull off any of my natural lashes which is great. I popped it back into the box and they were perfect for reuse the next day. 

If you want to play around with false lashes, then the Eylure No.118 lengthening starter kit is the perfect kit to get you comfortable with the idea of using falsies especially with the use of the tester lash. The lashes are not too bold and they look natural on your eyes. The glue doesn't get stuck between your lashes. They are lightweight to help you move them around to get the right angle for your eyes, 

If you want to achieve a bolder eye look then pop into your nearest Dis-chem Pharmacy store and experiment with the Eylure Lengthening No.118 Starter kit for only R79.95.

Step aside Huda and Nikkie, there are new falsie queens in town!

13 comments:

  1. These eyelashes look amazing definitely want to try Eyelure lashes haven't yet

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are so easy to apply! You should definitely try them out, xx

      Delete
  2. Ermergerd falsies!

    I freaking love false eyelashes and I'm always looking for more to get, they are incredible! Eyesore looks good for a natural pair which I go for now. So I might have to check this out <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like false lashes but I don't fancy those over dramatic pairs. This is really natural looking and apply effortlessly. I am sure you will love them!

      Delete
  3. Awesome post. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love false lashes although I can never be bothered putting them on but the applicator looks really good!
    xx

    Lizzie | Garland Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was terrible at putting on false lashes so I rely on an applicator to work its magic.

      Delete
  5. I use single falsies which I find to be much easier to apply than the strip one like this. My hands are a touch shaky and I always apply the strip one wrong on my lashes. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't given single lashes a try before. I think I might buy a set because I find that strip lashes can work wonders on some days but then be a complete disaster the next. Thanks for the tip Shireen, x

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen this set before. I have purchased an Eyelure set of lashes, but haven't brought myself to try it our yet. That applicator tool looks really useful. Will definitely go and look out for it.

    ReplyDelete