13 May 2016

FIRST IMPRESSION: ESTEE LAUDER PURE COLOUR ENVY LIQUID LIP POTION


Liquid lipsticks have managed to stay in the game since last year. It was no surprise that Estee Lauder was going to join the craze but they had to go the extra mile and collaborated Kendall Jenner to create an elegant and sophisticated liquid lip potion.
Estee Lauder had a promo stand at my University this past week and so I was able to finally try the pure colour envy liquid potion, but since it is such a long name I am just going to say their lip potion. 
Anyways, Estee Lauder claims that “this innovative liquid lipstick hybrid plumps with continuous moisture. Saturates with high-intensity colour, without sticky shine. Lips look pouty, sculpted, sexy.” 

There are ten shades in this range which includes a bright pink shade to bold reds and some nude shades as well. The lip potions come in an elegant 10 ml rectangular tube which has a double sided doe applicator.
Estee Lauder claims that their lip potion gives off a satin-matte colour for up to 8 hours. 

J and I decided to go the Estee Lauder stand and try out their product because we haven't tried it before. I picked the shade,  Bittersweet, which was a gorgeous nude colour which was a bit more on the brick red side. When I first applied it the product was very creamy and comfortable on my lips. It applied smoothly and evenly.  I was really happy with the colour that I picked. The product felt comfortable on my lips and I felt that this colour suited my complexion. The colour payoff is amazing with this product. Considering that the price is quite steep, Estee Lauder were not shy in using high-quality ingredients which are evident in the even application and  highly pigmented colour. 

J picked the shade, Wickedsweet. It was a bright pink colour which I think is perfect for Spring and Summer. 

After a few hours, J and I decided to get some coffee to help us get through the last few lectures for the day. Unfortunately, the colour transferred onto our cups which some people like but I am not a fan of it. I prefer lip products to stay on my lips and not leave its print on everything that touches it. I guess you can;t really blame Estee Lauder though because the lip potion didn't dry up on our lips which tends to happen especially when using matte liquid lipsticks. It was their way to ensure that your lips stay hydrated and smooth. 

Estee Lauder's pure colour envy liquid lip potion, retails for R295.00, and can be bought online, here, or at your nearest Estee Lauder counter. 

Don't forget to #LipstickEnvy when you post your pouting selfie! 

6 comments:

  1. That colour looks great on you. I really like the Envy Potions and have a few shades.

    Deepti | www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deepti! I love that they have quite a few options for our complexion.

      Delete
  2. Love the colours! The lipsticks are gorgeous but I don't know if I could buy it for the price...

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree Bash, definitely out of my budget range too.

      Delete
  3. I love the pure colour envy shine lipsticks so much by Estee Lauder, definitely worth the money. However I aren't sure if I would be to much of a fan of the liquid lipsticks, although the colours do look very pretty!
    www.fallonrachelle.com

    ReplyDelete