23 Jun 2016

REVIEW: BEAUTY BULLET


I seem to always have a problem with getting foundation or concealer all over my paper at Uni. This is where the Beauty Bullet like blender comes in handy. 
I am sure many of you have seen the famous Makeup Bullet on 27Pinkx which retails for R300.00. This Beauty Bullet is based on the same concept. Just as the beauty blender has a number of dupes by Dischem, Cala, Claires and so on, so does the makeup bullet. 

The bullet that I have been testing out is from Pout Makeup SA, whom I have mentioned in the past as being a Durban based makeup and makeup tools distributor. You can find her account on Instagram if you want to see what products she has available and whether she is able to courier it to you. 

When I first received this bullet I was quite uncertain about it. I already had a beauty blender so I didn't see what made this so special. I tend to use my ring finger to blend my concealer around my eyes but as I mentioned before, I usually end up leaving concealer stains throughout my notes. I decided to finally give the beauty bullet a try and I must admit that it wasn't too shabby for a dupe product. The pointed tip made it easier to blend the concealer that was near my inner corners. The sponge is very soft to ensure that it doesn't damage the thin layer of skin that is around your eye area. Since it fits over your finger you are able to have full control on how much of pressure you wish to apply when blending your makeup. It slips off easily and can be rewashed just like your beauty blender and can be reused thereafter. 

If you like to have a separate tool for your eye area or your concealer and a separate took for the rest of your face and your foundation then I think this tool is not too bad to have as an option for your concealer. I generally don't like using a concealer brush because I feel that it gives off a very streaky look around your eye area so a sponge might work better. 


The Beauty Bullet retails for R69.00 from Pout_MakeupSA. You can pick between a black bullet or a pink bullet. Please note that this is not the original Makeup Bullet, this is a dupe for it hence the difference in price. Honestly, I think this product works well for the price compared to the R300.00 tag attached to the Makeup Bullet.  

39 comments:

  1. ooh these sound really cool especially for concealer !

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still playing around with it damp and dry but overall it's working great under my eyes,x

      Delete
  2. This sounds so interesting! I love trying new products!
    a life of a charlotte
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting. I'd love this to apply my concealer.


    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works like a charm under your eyes! X

      Delete
  4. Very unique BB type sponge type to try. Thanks for sharing it.

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really interesting product, thanks for the review!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen these however I love my beauty blender, I'll have to look out for these!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works just like it but I do think the beauty blender is better, x

      Delete
  7. This sounds really great! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading it Susannah, x

      Delete
  8. Would love to try this, even if i am more finger type xoxo

    www.theninebyivana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using my fingers but I hate having my concealer smudged on my clothes and paper. Thanks for popping by, x

      Delete
  9. This is amazing, I need to invest in one! I'm always looking for new blogger friends and I love your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other and stay in touch! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that,thanks for popping by Adele, x

      Delete
  10. I've never heard of this before but I've read about how beauty blenders have taken off, I bet this will prove very popular and love how you style your photos! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just ordered a beautyblender after using dupes, so I'm quite interested to see what the difference is.

    This looks great. I love that you basically control the pressure with your finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how softer the original beauty blender is but not the price, x

      Delete
  12. I've recently been starting to use more foundation + liquid makeup in my looks lately. I use a brush just to sweep circles around to blend but I feel like a sponge blender would be much more useful! Definitely worth checking out-the bullet blender! Thanks for the insight :)

    Olivia | THE TASTEMAKER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sponges are better because they don't give streaky lines and they absorb the excess product but I'm constantly moving back and forth between sponges and brushes. Xx

      Delete
  13. It sounds fabulous, gonna have to try it :)

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh, i haven't heard of this before but it sounds really good! Will have to check it out further! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the first time I've heard of this product. It sounds interesting, I would love to give it a try myself. Thanks for the review and making us aware of this product!

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like such a handy product! I also use my fingers quite a lot for blending. I need to get a few of these x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like such a handy product! I also use my fingers quite a lot for blending. I need to get a few of these x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete