8 Jun 2016

REVIEW: ESSENCE MATTIFYING COMPACT POWDER




essence Cosmetics has released a range of beauty products to cater for women who are of colour. The range has been trending over social media with the famous tag, #LoveYourShade . I have a few products from this range and I will be doing a mini essence series here on my blog about the various products that are in this range. Today's lucky pick is the essence Mattifying  Compact Powder. To find out more about this product just keep on reading! 
The essence Mattifying Compact powder comes in two different shades. A gorgeous brown shade called, true caramel (number 50), and a deeper brown shade called, true mahogany (Number 60).


I have the shade true caramel and I found that this product had a lot to be proud of. When I first felt the texture of this product I was quite impressed at how smooth and silky the powder is. It is very softly milled to ensure effortless application. 

When I applied this product is blended in really well. I used a large fluffy brush and the this was able to pick up enough product for the application. I found that it gave me a natural finish and did not look cakey at all. Due to the fine powder, it was able to give a matte finish to my entire face. The powder applied evenly and I was really pleased with the finish look. 

You get a very light coverage with this product so I suggest using it as a finishing powder rather than being your base makeup. I found that this shade was a bit dark for me so lately I have been using it as a contour shade for my cheekbones as well as a transition shade for my eyes. It is a great multipurpose product and an added bonus is that it smells amazing! 

The only problems I have with this product is that the packaging is very fragile. It tends to get scratched easily which means the writing comes off easily. Being that it is a compact powder it would be great if it came with a mirror or an applicator since it is light coverage and if you are only using this product then you would need to reapply it throughout the day. 

However, since this product is only R53.95 essence had to skip on the mirror and applicator to ensure that we are provided with an affordable product. I do love how this product applies and so I don't mind carrying a mini brush in my bag to reapply during the day. It is definitely a product I know will look fine when I touch up because it doesn't cake up on my face. 

If you are looking for an affordable compact powder then definitely give the essence mattifying compact powder a try. It is affordable; animal cruelty-free and finely milled to ensure an effortless matte finish.

essence mattifying compact powder can be purchased from Dischem, Clicks, or your nearest essence counter. 




16 comments:

  1. I actually have the translucent shade and love it!

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it as well. Its lovely!

      Delete
  2. It sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to try this one, love that it's both affordable and mattifying! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely product! I am such a fan of essence, I mean you seriously cannot beat their prices and their nail polishes are my favorite!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their nail polishes are to die for. They are affordable and brilliant quality, x

      Delete
  5. I feel like catering to women of colour shouldn't be something beauty brands only do when they release a range specifically for it. That said, I shouldn't be complaining since at lease Essence is doing something for it, haha.

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading you review, I think I need to try it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I actually don't care for the brushes that come with products like this one, so I don't mind if they don't provide one... Less junk in my drawers :D I do think that it would be better if it came with a mirror, but since it's such a cheap product, who cares :D Also, I love that you can use it for contouring, too :) xx

    BeautyPepTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, we seems to be on the same wavelength when it comes to affordable makeup! Who cares about the extra bits when you get to have extra money in your purse!

      Delete
  8. I have dry skin so I run away from anything that has the word 'matte' in it. That being said, Summer is here and I love to try some powder...for the sake of blogging, you know? It's all about research. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete