14 Jun 2016

REVIEW: ESSENCE SOFT TOUCH MOUSSE


essence has released a new range of products for women of colour. I mentioned in a previous post about their new #LoveYourShade range. I recently reviewed their mattifying compact powder (which you can read, here). Today I will be focusing on a rather interesting product, their soft touch mousse make-up. if you are interested in a natural foundation look then keep on reading.
essence released two new shades to their soft touch mousse range. These colours are similar to their compact powders.  They released matt porcelain, matt caramel. and matt mahogany.

I have the shade matt mahogany which is the deepest brown shade of the three. It is in the number 60.
essence describes this product as being a “soft touch mousse makeup is a super delicate mousse texture that gives your face a smooth natural-looking matte complexion while allowing your skin to breathe freely.”

The first time I opened the jar I instantly wanted to dip my finger in and have a taste of the chocolatey looking mousse. It looked so light and airy and full of chocolate goodness. Then I snapped back to reality and realised it's actual makeup.


I used my finger to apply the mousse. I was not quite sure how to go about applying it so I simply dotted it around my face and blended it with my stippling brush. I tried using the  Hi-density airbrush beauty buffer by SwiitchCo but that did not work well at all. Once the mousse was blended into my skin, my face had a natural coverage to it. It was able to cover up all of my dark spots yet still maintain a light natural feeling on my face. I did not have any trouble with it transferring and I was also able to maintain the same coverage throughout the day. I was able to build up the coverage in certain areas that I wanted to contour and was quite pleased with the application and end results.

The essence soft touch mousse comes in a glass jar so a lot of caution is required when storing it and handling it. Fortunately, I have not dropped mine as yet so I am not sure how strong the glass is. This is definitely a foundation I will be using as my new everyday foundation because it is not heavy on my face but still provides amazing coverage,

essence Soft Touch Mousse foundation retails for an affordable R69.95 and can be purchased from your nearest Dis-Chem and Clicks stores nationwide. 




22 comments:

  1. That really looks delicious :D I've always been worried about applying Essence foundation on my face, since it's so cheap... I was afraid it was going to break me out... However, it seems like they've gotten much better with their products, so I would really love to try some out :) xx

    BeautyPepTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence has come a long way and I really think you need to try out their foundations. It will make you and your purse happy!

      Delete
  2. It does looks like a chocolate mousse so I don't blame you for wanting to have a taste of it. LOL! I don't think I've seen this here but I love that they are thinking about women of colour.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps girls like me out knowing that there are more brands catering for us, x

      Delete
  3. Is that not too dark for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My colour has been changing this year and it was okay for me but now it is getting a bit dark for me. I really like using it as a cheek contour though.

      Delete
  4. I know this brand, and only have the blushers. But, I have not tried this mousse. The texture looks decadent. I will check to see if they have my colour, as I have a lot of yellow undertones. :) x/Madison
    http:/fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly I have not tried out any Essence blushes, I guess I need to give them a try, xx

      Delete
  5. Really does look like chocolate mousse! Sounds like a great product!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how chocolatey (and yummy) it looks but still gives a natural result on the face. This sounds like a great product. Thanks for sharing!

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great product! Thanks for sharing!
    XX
    http://theoceansdock.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo... I never would have thought to try this! Maybe I should pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful blog! I love and i follow your blog, please follow me too
    http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally get what you mean by wanting to dip your finger in, it looks so tempting! I've never tried a mousse on my face but this looks pretty good plus it's affordable!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite an interesting product,definitely worth trying out. Xx

      Delete
  11. Delicious :) feeling hungry.
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete