2 Jun 2016

REVLON 2-IN-1 COMPACT MAKEUP



After a long day your friend phones you and said she wants some company so you quickly pack a bag and head on over to have a girls night. The next morning you wake up after having about 3 hours of sleep because you spent the entire night talking about your high school years over some extra chocolatey hot cocoa. Suddenly, as you empty out your makeup bag you realise that you didn't pack your trusty concealer to cover up your dark circles. Well, that is where the nifty 2-in-1cmpact makeup by Revlon swoops in and attempts to save the day...attempts.
I was fortunate enough to receive the Revlon 2-in-1 compact from Desiree over at Beauty Bulletin. I was quite surprised at how it was designed. At first, I thought that Revlon robbed everyone of a full foundation but thankfully I was wrong. 

There are three tiers to this compact. The first tray has the concealer. The concealer is a shade lighter than the foundation shade to help cover up any marks or acne. It picked up easily onto my applicator and blended easily into my skin. However, it did not cover up my spots. I tried to build up the coverage but was still unsuccessful. I found that it was a tad drying so I avoided using it to conceal under my eyes. 


The first tray lifted up to reveal a full pan of foundation on the second tray. It looked smooth and full of potential, It applied on evenly and effortlessly. It blended in but I did not like the finish. I decided to abandon my foundation brush and blended it into my face with my damp beauty blender. It provided a medium to full coverage and provided a very natural finish. The product was very lightweight so I did not feel like I caked my face. 

Unfortunately it did settle into the fine lines I have around my nose giving it a bit of a creased look. It also accentuated my dry patches. i have very dry skin so this was a bit troublesome around my nose and my forehead. I found that this product did not produce the same shade that you see when you look at it. It actually applies as a shade lighter which did not look too great on my because my face and neck were two differant colours. I did not have any problems regarding product fall out or transfer. 


The second tray lifts up to reveal your mirror for easy application throughout the day. It also had a sphere shaped sponge to help get under your eyes. Personally, I prefer using a damp beauty blender or any damp beauty type sponge. Compact makeup generally need a little more blending. 


Overall, this product is a hit and miss. The three tier design is perfect for travelling as you will have your concealer, foundation, and sponge with you. The product is not heavy on your skin yet still produces great coverage. Unfortunately you can't select your concealer shade and are stuck witth the combinations that Revlon picked. It might not be the best foundation for those with dry skin since it eccentuates your dry patches, or maybe it is just me. I think people with oily skin might love this product because it will bring a balance to their skin. 

If you would like to give the Revlon 2-in-1 a try then pop into your nearest Clicks and dischem store for R299.00

20 comments:

  1. I actually love how it looks on your skin on the photo there... It's quite smooth :) Too bad it didn't really work out as you expected... Love this review :) xx

    BeautyPepTalk
    Make sure you enter my huge celebration giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. Thanks for letting me know, I will check it out now. x

      Delete
  2. Ah that really sucks that you can't actually choose what concealer you want!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it does match you perfectly then I think its a good way to save money but if it doesn't then it is a bit of an unnecessary.

      Delete
  3. Oh very interesting product~ revlon is a nice brand
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post my dear! ♡♡♡ Amazing blog! ♡♡♡ I will be very glad if you will come to me! ♡♡♡ Please write comments to posts that you like! ♡♡♡ http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/2016/06/elegant.html ♡♡♡ http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/2016/06/barn-wedding.html ♡♡♡ Follow you dear!!!♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this product is so cool. It would be indeed handy for travelling. Thanks for sharing! x

    http://thestylebounty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually think that this product looks good on you!

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Revlon products, even if i did not used it for a long time, so definitely will check this one, thanks for the review xoxo

    https://theninebyivana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Revlon Colorstay liquid foundations, so I'm intrigued by the compact formula. This would be so handy for travelling, like you say!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read your thoughts on it Alice! xx

      Delete