18 Jul 2016

MANIMONDAY: RIMMEL LONDON SALON PRO IN 411 NAVY SEAL


It has been a while since I did a #ManiMonday post and that is because I just can't seem to find a nail polish that I like. A week ago I was in Johannesburg and my nails were looking hideous. I decided to use my cousins' nail polish and I picked Navy Seal to be my colour of choice. It has been about 5 days since I applied this nail polish and so this is my thoughts on it.
Rimmel London  released up to 38 different shades of nail polish in their Salon Pro with Lycra Nail Polish range. According to Rimmel, this range is supposed to provide you with, "up to 10 days chip resistant nail colour with gel shine finish!" 

The shade I picked is called Navy Seal, which is number 411. It is a cool toned pastel blue shade with some grey undertone to it. The brush in the Salon Pro range is flat and wide which is brilliant because you are able to cover the majority of your nails in just one swipe. It has quite a creamy consistency to it and you are able to achieve an opaque look with just two coats. 

I applied this nail polish to my nails and I did not use any top coat because it was really late and I was rather lazy. The next day I decided to leave it without a top coat and see how long this nail polish can last since it is supposed to be chip resistant. 

It is now day 5 and my nails are looking relatively good. I did not touch up or add a top coat. This is just two layers of the nail polish. What I did notice is that it lost its glossy shine which it had the first time I applied it. There are obvious chipping towards the bottom of my nails and around my cuticles because of nail growth. 


I am quite pleased with this nail polish and I think the Rimmel Lond Salon Pro Range is definitely a range I am going to continue purchasing. Rimmel London nail polish can be purchased from Dischem, Clicks, or your nearest Rimmel counter for only R59.95. 

20 comments:

  1. This colour is SO dreamy! <3

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color!!!!

    ♥Johanna.
    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty shade and I can't believe how long it has lasted on your nails!! Mine chip after a day, it's so annoying!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this shade is so stunning! Perfect for summer and winter too! Thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color! It reminds me of dull sky when it's about to rain.

    Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait what? That's after 5 days and without a top coat? That's freaking brilliant! I've always love Rimmel nail polish, the 60 seconds one but never tried any from this new range, will have to pick up a few shades.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...5 days and that looks pretty darn good! Some polishes chip with a top coat after one day!

    I love this colour...it isn't super dark, so you can be all 'winter nails' without that goth sort of feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning shade! Such a fan of grey-blue tones!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  9. That colour is stunning, one of my favs!!

    Hope you have a good wknd xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like such a beautiful shade and really good quality!
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved that shade! ♥ xo
    frompeonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh very cute color sweetie
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous color! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww #manimonday i love the shade you picked out! a second coating of the colour makes a huge difference!

    just wanted to let you know that we're running a contest with Pursed Boutique for super stylish and chic bags. check out latest post:

    http://petiteandpretty.com/local-treasures/giveaway-petite-pretty-x-pursed-boutique/

    we don't want you to miss out, just a couple weeks left. good luck!! :)

    - Cin

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful colour! xx :)

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete