13 Sep 2016

REVIEW: ESSENCE STAY ALL DAY TRANSLUCENT FIXING POWDER


essence Cosmetics have covered all their bases when it comes to achieving the ultimate matte look, from matte cover sticks to a variety of matte foundations. In the earlier parts of the year essence released a loose powder by the name of, essence Stay all day translucent fixing powder. If you are not a fix of compact powders and prefer a light loose powder then keep on reading!


essence Cosmetics describes this product as  follows, "the ultra-fine stay all day translucent fixing powder remains invisible on the skin and sets the whole make-up without weighing it down. thanks to its translucent colour, the loose powder adapts perfectly to every skin tone without affecting the colour of the foundation."



The essence fixing powder and all its beauty is sealed in an oval shaped clear container with a screw on white lid. When you first purchase the powder it has a sealed plastic over the holes concealing the powder. Side note, I had a lot of powder fly onto my face when I peeled off the plastic. I suggest opening it in a packet of under a towel so there isn't a lot of powder flying around the room. The actual powder is very finely milled and does not crease or cake on your face. There are about 18 holes in the jar which releases the right amount of product per use. 

I used a large powder brush to apply it but it would be nice if essence Cosmetics included a fluffy sponge to apply it. essence, in general, do not supply any tools along with their products which is something they should consider. However, that would increase the price so I here we are at a cross-road again.. Price vs Convenience.


Now on to the actual powder. I think it is a great concept of releasing a translucent powder especially since baking is such a famous makeup technique at the moment, The powder is white which did not agree with my complexion since I have a medium to dark complexion. I initially used this for the purpose of baking. It definitely applied easily just like the infamous Ben Nye banana powder. I left it to bake and then brushed it off. It did not leave any creases or harsh lines and brushed off easily but it was not the right shade. I guess you could use it but it isn't the best product available for people with medium to dark skin tone but rather those with a fairer complexion, for the purpose of baking.

As mentioned above, I used my brush to apply this product. However, I find using a beauty blender to be the best option. It works well when you are using the powder to concealer under your eyes. As a general powder to mattify your face or to set your concealer/foundation/BB cream, I thoroughly enjoy using this product, t stayed put for 5 hours which is rather impressive for a drugstore brand. This product is excellent for drying up your T-zone if you trouble with a really oily T-zone. If you have oily skin then this product will be your best friend! The best part about this product is the fact that it has no flashback. 

essence Cosmetics Stay all day Translucent Powder is available at Dischem or Clicks for R89.95 .

21 comments:

  1. i heard quite some great comments about essence and that makes me wanna try it so bad but sadly there is not any essence near my place:(

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds pretty good, I might pick some up next time I pass a counter :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently using the LA Girl one. Have you tried that one? I think all of these have a lot of wastage though....the powder just flies everywhere!

    For the price though, one can't really complain. We'll use it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only tried the LA Girl concealer, blush palette and nailpolish. I would love to try more products though! Thanks for the tip! x

      Delete
  4. I hear a lot of great opinions I probably should try it
    galantosfun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always on the look out for a good powder and this one sounds dreamy - great post love!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds really good but I agree about the fluffy sponge :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do have essence here in Malaysia but I never see this before. If it's that good, I wish they can bring this in. Lovely post!

    Mira | Pretty Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. This product sounds great but my skin is not very white, so I don't know if this would work on me.
    Have a lovely day doll,
    Johanna ❤

    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Essence are such a fab brand, I need to try this!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to try Essence! I've heard such good things for such a cheap brand so it would be rude not to x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try more Essence products, so far O've only tried mascaras (hate them all), nail polish (love them!), lipsticks (love them!) and eyeliner (just okay). This powder sounds pretty good!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to give this a try!!! My skin is not oily... but I think it would work great anyway :D
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome blog! Following now! Never tried this brand before, maybe I will :D

    xoSE
    http://www.sashaelizabeth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post - love how you photograph! haven't tried this before - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really going to have to give this another go - I tried it a couple of times and it didn't work all the wonderfully. But perhaps I must give it another go?!

    http://sugarspicelifestyle.blogspot.co.za/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence is a bit of a hit or miss. I think if it didn't work well the first time then it is best avoiding it because their products work differently depending on the individual. However, if you haven't tried using this product with a beauty blender then I think its worth a second try, xx

      Delete
  16. I am a huge fan of Essence and I tried plenty of their products, however I haven't tried this one.

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Essence products, they have such great value for money. Good to hear this works well, though it's too bad it's not as friendly for medium to dark skin tones.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a bummer this wasn't the right shade! I've been on the hunt for a good translucent powder that's decently priced. This one looks promising, and especially for the price. Good to know it works best for oily skin too! Great review lady.

    -Emily www.coatandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete