18 Feb 2017

REVIEW: CATRICE COSMETICS GLAM & DOLL LINER


Winged liner was all the craze in 2016 especially with famous #lineronfleek trending on Instagram. There were so many different styles from the Egyptian style to the famous feline liner that were flooding my social media accounts. I jumped on the bandwagon and tried out different liquid liner brands, one of them being the Catrice Cosmetics Glam & Doll Liner. If you would like to know more about this liner then keep on reading...
After watching every possible YouTube video on how to get the perfect winged liner I decided to purchase a liquid liner. I made my way through a few brands and finally decided to give Catrice a try. 

Catrice Cosmetics has a variety of liquid liners and I was quite overwhelmed when I was trying to decide which liner to buy. Eventually, I settled on the Glam & Doll liner. 

The liner is designed to resemble a felt-tip pen. The nib is a tulip shape which ends in a fine tip. Catrice claims that the Glam & Doll liner is long lasting and a bold black colour. If you know how the L'Oreal Superstar looks then picture that but a miniature version.  


When I initially started using it I found that it was comfortable and easy to use. The fine tip helped to draw a sharp end to my wing. However, as I kept using it I began to encounter some difficulty. The liner would initially apply over my eyelid but when I picked it up and tried to reapply it to make the colour bolder no product would come out. The nib would dry up and when I pressed it on my eyelid it released too much of product and I ended up with an uneven line. The reason for this is because the nib is larger at the bottom due to its tulip shape. On numerous occasions the nib got so dry that when I tried to redraw over my liner to darken it, the dry nib began to rub the existing product off my eyelid leaving patches in my liner. 

When you are in a hurry or when you just spent 20 minutes trying to blend your eyeshadow and then you try and draw your winged liner and it messes up your eye makeup, all you would want to do is take off your makeup, get into bed and sleep as if you don't have any event or function to attend. 

I am no Kaushal Beauty or rather let's keep it local, I am no Jyothika when it comes to the winged liner so I was really disappointed with this product. I guess I needed to do some research before I visited the Catrice counter. Looks like I need to make another trip to Catrice this weekend and try and find another liner that might help get the winged liner I see on YouTube.  

I purchased my Catrice Cosmetics Glam & Doll liner from Dischem for R59.95. 
If you have any suggestions of a liquid liner that you enjoy using please leave a comment!

19 comments:

  1. I was wondering about this as I'm still trying to perfect a winged liner (I know...it's 2017 already...lol) so I like to find products that can help me. I have the Maybelline one (I got it from the UK though) and it's pretty decent.

    BUggered up my eye liner (the brush got funky after the product dried and I wanted to touch up) with the Inglot gel liner...OH MY SOUL! Had to take off all my eye makeup and redo, without the damn wing....lol. Is it worth this trauma? I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't know! I really love the look of a winged liner but I am really struggling to get a liner that works for me. xx

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a good liner for so so long, this one looks so precise! I'll definitely have to check it out xx

    I M O G E N // www.faux-silk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit troublesome but I would love to read your views on it, x

      Delete
  3. I probably watched about 200 videos on how to do it, I can say that I have improved but sometimes I do one eye perfect and when I try the other one, it doesn't match to the first and I mess it up and have to start all over again.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my number one problem! I can get my right eye correctly but as soon as I try and do my left I can't get it done.

      Delete
  4. Sorry the product disappointed you! Thanks for this review.

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! Thanks for popping by, xx

      Delete
  5. Nice eyeliner please mention the link.
    Also check top rated coupons by Fivestarcoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame that the product was disappointing it looks quite good otherwise.

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Lauren! Thanks for popping by, x

      Delete
  7. Great post.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I am quite shocked about the review, Catrice eye liners are usually really good... xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the post, I also haven't had much luck with the eye liner pens, i rather use the waxy pencils or the liquid liners with the thin brushes.
    Gel liners aren't really my thing either, because i find they dry out too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to give liquid liners a try because this pen liner is just not working or me. x

      Delete
  10. I've needed a new eyeliner for so long now, deffo going to try this one x
    www.basicallyalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete