22 Mar 2017

REVIEW: CATRICE COSMETICS NAIL LACQUER IN 'THE MONKEY GETS FUNKY'


I used to love buying nail polish and changing my nail polish every week but then I started my final year and I could barely be bothered to brush my hair. This year I hope to get back into maintaining well-groomed and polished nails. I started off well but I didn't get down to reviewing the products I used. Anyways, the first one for this year is a nail lacquer by Catrice Cosmetics in the shade, The Monkey Gets Funky...

This was the first nail lacquer I tried by Catrice and I was rather impressed with the formula. The brush is wide and flat. It covers a large surface of your nail in a single application. The bottle is a standard design and packs a generous 10ml of product.

The Monkey Gets Funky is shade number 23 from the 'Ultimate Nail Lacquer' range. It is a warm toned deep brown with swirls of gold shimmer flowing through it.  I applied two layers to obtain an opaque finish. I was quite surprised when it dried. I assumed that it would have a glossy finish due to the shimmer in the formula but it actually dried to a semi-matte finish. If you want to enhance the glossy finish I suggest using a good top coat to lock in the colour as well as provide a beautiful gloss look.


The actual product applied easily with special thanks being made to the brush design. There were no issues regarding a streaky application and an even colour was obtained. The best part has to be that it dries within seconds. It is one of the fastest drying nail lacquers I have ever tried and I can't wait to test out more Catrice Cosmetics products.


It has been 4 days since I first applied this product and I have not had any problems with chipping. If you would like to get a bit funky then pop into your nearest Dischem store and head on over to the Catrice counter. I actually tested out my friends nail lacquer but according to Dischem online this beauty retails for R34.95.

16 comments:

  1. Way it's so beautiful and love the soft shade of nude. It looks so pretty. And the best part is it does not chip easily and for R‭35‬ its quite a bargain Must add

    deffinatlyshaz.co.zw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quite a steal! I tried commenting on your 3-trends post but it says that comments are closed. P.s I love the bell sleeved look, I think I need to check for one soon!

      Delete
  2. That shade is beautiful! Recently, I have a thing for brown shades :)

    xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have quite a few catrice nail polishes. As they are so affordable and just a really good price-quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty color!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Catrice nail polish, but I prefer Essie. They seem to last longer on my nails.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute nail polish name. I like to paint my nail also but these day I'm more into gel nails since it last longer <3

    xoxo
    https://monicaptanzil.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this colour and it is amazing that it lasts for so long, nail polish usually lasts 2 days max on me!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love the colour - big pro that it dries quickly because I am super impatient when it comes to nail varnish. I also have such bad chipping problems because of my job so hope it stayed on longer than 4 days!
    Kate || www.katerattley.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's such a cute name......i liked the colour too..
    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shade :)
    https://outfitsandmakeupblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/7-spring-wardrobe-essentials/

    ReplyDelete
  11. favorite color :)

    http://www.adhiwahyudi.net/

    ReplyDelete