22 May 2017

SKINCARE ROUTINE 2017


I have struggled to maintain clear skin for many years. I remember back in 2009 my mom bought me an entire skin care range from Dischem and I found it to be such a bother to stick to religiously. Over the years my skin became more troublesome and my efforts to clearing it improved. It is now eight years down the line and I am much happier with where I am today than I was back then. I now have a set routine that I stick to and I would not dare sleep with any makeup on. If you would like to know what my current skin care routine is, then keep on reading…

It was a late afternoon and I was relaxing in bed while catching up with the latest posts on Snapchat. I remember watching one by KaushalBeauty and I was so surprised. I immediately messaged my friend because we generally watch Kaushal’s posts simultaneously, and we both had an intense conversation about skin care and makeup removal. Kaushal made a point which was along the following lines, if you don’t remove your makeup or remove it properly and you decide to go to bed with traces of it still on your face, then you age faster than usual.         
                                                                              
It was that very day that I began to develop a proper skin care regime and I have stuck with it till this day. It goes a little something like this, -
Every morning I wash my face with my cleanser.


I use, The Body Shop’s Tea tree skin clearing foaming cleanser. As the name suggests, it is a very airy and lightweight cleanser. The hint of tea tree wakes me up and makes my skin feel fresh and smooth. 

I follow up with my moisturiser which has been my favourite product for the past year. I continue to repurchase it because it smells so good! 


It is The Body Shop’s Vitamin C Glow-Boosting moisturiser. As soon as I open the bottle and the smell of oranges releases I feel so awake and happy, yes happy. There is something so soothing about the smell of oranges that I just love. It is a gel formula so it is very soothing on the skin. 

I then reach for some SPF. I use the Bioderma brand in SPF 50+. 
I am currently using a tinted formula but I think I will get the regular when I repurchase it. 

The last product I use is some lip balm. 
I use Vaseline blue seal when I am at home since it is in my draw and I use, The Body Shop’s lip butter in Strawberry during the day. 

If I was feeling extra on a particular day I would use some makeup. I generally only use makeup over weekends as I prefer a natural look during the week. Mainly because I am always rushing.

As the sun sets and the dark sky creeps in, I make my way to the bathroom to remove my makeup, or as my cousins and I usually say, “take our faces off.”

I first start off with an oil cleanse, targeting my eyes in particular. 


I use Johnson’s baby oil to do so. I drop a little in the palm of my hand. I then dip my ring finger into the oil and apply it onto my eyelids in a circular motion. I spend a little more time on my eyelashes to ensure I remove all the mascara. I then repeat the same action on the other eyelid. Once I am done, I rub both my palms together and rub my palms on my face to break down the makeup. I end this step my rinsing my hands and my face. 

The next stage is the foam cleanse. I use the same cleanser as I do in the morning which is, The Body Shop’s Tea tree skin clearing foaming cleanser. The foam helps break down the oil and the makeup. I rinse my face and this usually removes all the makeup off my face. 

If it was a special occasion and I used foundation and cream contoured then I would proceed with my exfoliator. I use The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow-Boosting microdermabrasion. The tiny beads in the formula help lift any remaining makeup. It also has a similar smell as the Vitamin C moisturiser.

I alternate between this exfoliator and the Lush Ocean Salt scrub. The salt helps break down any stubborn makeup and the avocado and coconut oil ensures that your skin is left soft and smooth after some intense exfoliation.

Once a week (or every two weeks) I would incorporate a mask into my regime. My favourite has to be Mask of Magnaminty by Lush. The hint of peppermint tingling on my skin feels so amazing. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. 

Once I am out the shower I use, The Body Shop’s Vitamin E overnight serum-in-oil. I add two to three drops onto my palm and rub my palms together. I then press the serum into my face. Make sure you press and not rub. 

Lastly, I reach for some Vaseline to add to my lips. I generally put a thicker layer and I might cross the lines of my lips but that’s okay.

That’s my skincare routine which is very quick in the morning and requires a bit more effort towards the evening.
I generally only do a foam cleanser in the evening if it’s a weekday and skip the exfoliators and mask. However, if I used makeup during the week then I will do my oil and foam cleanse. Exfoliators are abrasive so I only use it if I used a lot of makeup. 

I would really like to incorporate an eye cream into my evening routine but I can’t seem to settle on one. If you have any recommendations on a good eye cream then please let me know in the comments below, x

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Vitamin C range!!


    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use an eye cream at night, but I do enjoy the Clinique Pep start one in the morning. THough I'm sure it can be used at night as well.

    I need to get some more Body Shop Goodies. My toddler chucked out my whole bottle of brand new drops of light serum :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I'm obsessed with anything Vitamin C! It's so good for brightening the skin. I was the same as you, I never had a proper skincare routine until my skin started breaking out and now I can't go without it. I also love the tea tree line by the Body Shop!

    Have a lovely week xx

    Imogen // www.faux-silk.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very cute picks darling
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete