2 Aug 2017

LIFESTYLE: WEDDING DRESS INSPIRATIONS FROM PICKEDDRESS


I remember sipping on some tea with my friend discussing what our ideal wedding dress would be if we were to ever have a white wedding. I could not decide whether I wanted a vintage design or a more modern one. One thing that was certain was that there would be lace, a lot of lace.

I was scrolling through Picked Dresses, which is an online dress website and the options were endless. There were short dresses, long dresses, white dresses, cream dresses, and even a pink dress! Picked Dresses also cater for bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and the flower girl.

I remember watching an episode of Gossip Girl where Blaire shared her album which had all the pictures for her dream wedding. I don't seem to share the same enthusiasm as Blaire but scrolling through Picked Dresses had me wondering what dress I would pick. 

I am in no way ready to entertain the idea of getting married but I decided to share a few of the styles that caught my eye. 


1. Mermaid Dress
I was first drawn to this dress because of the mermaid design. It is very fitting around the waist and can be very flattering especially for tall people. The lace at the end of the trail and over the shoulders as straps adds detail to the dress and makes it look very classy.



2. Vintage
I love the low cut on the back of this dress. It adds some character to a simple design. The thin belt helps accentuate the waist while creating a loose feel around the hips which is ideal for a person who has a small waist and bigger hips. I think that this dress would look stunning paired with a pearl choker to create a simple and elegant vintage look.



3. Modern Muse
The plunging neckline and deep back cut adds a lot of character to this dress and is more modern in style. The thin material on across the back has a tinge of colour which ensures that the back is smooth and even in colour. The bottom half of the dress is very simple and clean cut to ensure that it is not too busy. This dress would look amazing in summer as a beach wedding dress or any other outdoor wedding. 



4. Winter Wonderland
I decided to save the best for last. As soon as I saw this dress I knew that this was my style. I absolutely love the long lace sleeves paired with deep back and a plunging neckline. It is a bit more conservative as opposed to the previous dress. It has elegant with a hint of attitude.  

I hope that you enjoyed reading this post as it is definitely not my usual types of posts. I decided to team up with Picked Dresses and try something new so that The Glam Unicorn is not confined to just beauty and makeup.

I would love to know what type of wedding dress you wore for your wedding or what type of wedding dress is your dream wedding dress even if you might not be having a white wedding or plan on tieing the knot anytime soon. 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Candice, I look forward to seeing your wedding dress soon!

      Delete
  2. I really like the first two dresses. The third is beautiful, but not on me. http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jennifer, the first two are stunning.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first and the last are screaming my name :)

    XOXO
    Chermel

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning dresses!! Modern muse is my fave!!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They catered my wedding last month and they were amazing! Don't overlook these gorgeous New York wedding venues!! It's something you have to check out in person. My family and friends could not stop talking about how good the food was and how sweet the staff was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post💞
    Take a look at my blog if you want and don't miss my latest post.
    Online Watch Store India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesss that third one is beautiful!!!!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love white wedding dresses. But in India we wear bright Red coloured lehengas in our wedding so these dresses were never an option for me....But I would love to try them someday..
    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so beautiful, I love the classic designs! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow these pictures are so pretty! This is so unbelievably cute!
    Ladies Loafers Online India have been popular due to its comfort. Today, loafers for ladies are so popular as it exhibits a great fashion statement. The leather lining always provides ultimate comfort and can be worn all day long.

    Visit: http://bissq.kinja.com/loafers-the-comfort-wrapped-style-1797666925

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the back on that 3rd dress!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete